6 Simple Tips for the Meditation Beginners
We live in a very nerve-racking time and environment. we fear, dread, and go through so many things at once that it stresses us out. As a result of stress, we get sick physically, and even emotionally and mentally. Get away from stress. One way to reduce stress is through meditation.
Meditation is a great stress reliever. In addition to that, it brings inner peace that will help you focus better. Try it if you have at least 5 minutes of your time to spare. Just follow the tips below:
- Pick the best meditation spot. Choose a place in your home that is quiet and organized. Make sure that your spot is not anywhere near furniture and breakables. This spot should also be free from distractions to avoid disrupting your meditation. Use this place to mediate every day.
- Pick the best time to meditate. It can be early in the morning before starting your day or before going to bed. Pick which time is easier for you to fall into your meditation trance. Schedule this everyday and treat it like it is a very important appointment. After all, it is truly important as you are making time to de-stress.
- Prepare your area. Set up your area once you have decided on the best meditation spot. Place your candles in an area about 5 feet from where you will position yourself. Light them and play your meditation music. It is alright if you choose not to play meditation music as long as your area is quiet and peaceful. Sit on your mat. If you are not comfortable with using a yoga mat, you can sit on a chair with a good spine support.
- Position yourself. Sit up straight and criss cross your legs. Concentrate on one of the candle flames. Concentrate and think only of the candle. An alternative to the candle flame is a particular spot in your ceiling or wall. If you are bothered with one thought, do not dismiss it. recognize that thought and then let it go.
- Close your eyes. Inhale, exhale. Let your belly expand as you exhale. Let go of all the stress and negativity as you exhale. Breathe deeply a few more times until your mind becomes clear. Think about the present while breathing deeply. Normally, your problems and other thoughts will come but don’t fret about them. Again, recognize them and then let them go. If more disturbing thoughts rush to you, concentrate more on your breathing.
- Open your eyes. You will feel that the tension is relieved and you are now much more relaxed. You will not realize how much time it took you to relax so set a timer so you will know when to stop. The estimated time is about 10 to 30 minutes at most.
Do this for five minutes. Increase your time when you are used to the procedures of meditating. This will help you relax and rid off stress.
Taking care of your body, mind, and soul is important. Do this by meditating to keep yourself in good shape. I hope you try it.
Author’s bio: Marcy Gray is a health advocate. In addition, she likes to write reviews about home improvement products such as whirlpool ap51030k and frigidaire fad504tdd